Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm getting a new Comp!


Beck Family!

Alright, let me break it down for ya. This week was a great one, a for real great week. We had tons of good lessons, and saw some crazy progression with some people. First, this was the last week of transfers, and tomorrow starts the new transfer. So drum rolllll please. I am staying in Pico Rivera as a zone leader, but elder W is leaving. For reals, im super sad about that, he goes home in 4 weeks, mid transfer, so i thougt they were just going to leave him with me, but they are moving him to long Beach for his last little bit. I am getting a new companion up here and ZL, his name is Elder N, he is from the Dominican Republic, and has only been a missionary for about 7 months, which is super young to be a ZL, but the word is he is a flippin good missionary. I'm super excited, i think my spanish is going to take off with him, he has only been learning english for about 7 months, so i bet we are going to speak a lot of spanish. So i'm excited for that. Our zone has been doing awesome, we repeatedly making our member present lessons goal and finding like crazy as a zone. I'm super excited for everything, our zone is sick. But i am really sad because the elders that i live with elders jensen and hansen are getting white washed out, so i am going to be the only elder left in the apartment out of the 4 of us. It was super suprising, because their area is on fire and they are baptizing, and yet they are both getting moved out at the same time. Crazy right. Guess there is just a lot of change headed my way.

But for the real bestest part of the week, last night elder W had his departure fireside. They only have those at the end of transfers, and cause he wouldnt be here for the next one he gave his testimony at this one. At missionary departure firesides, you invite all of the members and recent converts and investigators that you can to come and hear you give your last words before you return home. It is always one of the most spiritual meetings that exists. And if you came to mine, you would understand why. Its incredible. But last night at the fireside we had B come, the one that we have been teaching for a while. When elder W went up and shared his testimony he shared one of the most impactfull moments that we ever had together, and it was while we were teaching B. He shared a little thing that B said to us after we had a lesson with her and had read 1 nephi 11 with her. She said "be persistent with me, dont give up on me... dont let me get lost." It was one of the most incredible moments of my mission when she said that to us, because i could see that from her eyes she truly viewed us a Jesus Christ, and that we were her only way back. Elder W shared that experience at the departure fireside as his testimony, and B who was there broke down in tears. I was talking to he afterwards while elder W was saying his many goodbyes. She started the conversation by saying "I have made my decision." I asked her what decision she had made, trying to get her to say it. she said " im going to be baptized as soon as possible. I dont need anymore signs from God." and then through tears streaming down her face and pointing to her heart she said "this is my sign, i dont need any more proof." She will be baptized on the 29th. It was an incredible experience, one that i dont think i will ever be able to forget. Yesterday and tonight is the time to say goodbyes. Transfers can be hard, but we trust God knows where he needs us to go.

Also, elder W family came to his Departure fireside. And elder W didnt even talk to them, which was awesome. He say them, smiled and waved, but never talked to them, cause he stayed strong, and missionaries dont talk to their families yet. But i talked to them. They told me about how proud they were of their son and they all cried their eyes out as they heard his testimony and said how strong in spirit he is now. They were really cool, and it was a really cool experience for them to be there and see that all. I introduced them to Brenda and to the other members there from our ward, so they got to meet tons of people from elder W mission. Cool stuff.
Anyways, tomorrow i get my new comp, the work is still going great here in Pico, and i am just so happy to be a missionary. i Just want to get better so i can help more people come unto Christ. this is the best thing i have ever done, and i love it. Love you family, take care.

Beck out,
Elder Beck
 
 
 
Our zone!


Miracles happen!
 
This is from Shawn:
The trips sounds like so much fun. honestly, im just in awe looking at the pictures. I want to be there so bad. All of that stuff just looks like a blast. granted, i am pretty used to 90 degrees, or really over 100 degree heat. Well, not really used to it, but it is just my life.
We also had stake conference this last week, and the thing that we talked about a lot was also missionary work, and acutally our mission president came and spoke. And he said that one hting that we can all do, is just like missionaries do, is talkt ot everyone. If we want more people to join the church, we have to invite more people, and more people have to know what we do. He said something simple would be if someone asked you what you did that weekend, tell them about church before the kids soccer games and nfl game. say how great church was and how uplifting it was. Start more of the conversations we already have with the gospel, bring it up causally in more scenarios.
I like the pic,  i can see that my style is catching on. Cool guys dont look at the camera.
I love being a missionary so much. Its crazy, i honestly didnt think i would ever love it like this. But i have never been so happy in my entire life. I love everyday out here. And the more i am out here the more i realize how blessed i have been with great parents. thank you for everything you have done. Yesderday was fathers day. Dont think i forgot. I tell you dad that you are the best father that has ever been. You somehow have done it just right. You are my hero and example in all things. I strive to be like you and to make decisions like you. Thank you for everything that you have done for me, love you dad.

Beck out,
Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment